General careers information only.
This newsletter is in addition to our regular school newsletter/careers newsletter.
Enter your first name and email address below to receive our monthly Careers Newsletter, full of important information for you:
Tax File Numbers
Unfortunately the Australian Tax Office has informed schools that the School Tax File Number program has ended :(
To obtain a TFN you can now either:
Get an application form via the Post Office or an ATO office. More information found under the 'Important Info' section on this website.
Year 12 Students
If you haven't already done so, this is a reminder to apply for a tax file number and a health care card.
You will need a TFN even if you go onto study and not directly into employment.
A health care card may help with fees, transport costs, health care costs.
Parents Career Conversations
Career Conversations is an online resource to help you to talk to your child about what sort of career they would like in the future. Talking to your child about their interests and abilities can help them meet their potential.
Career Conversations is designed to help you:
- support your child to prepare for the future world of work
- help your child to develop skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to manage their own career
- understand your child’s career journey, which starts in childhood and continues throughout their life
- help your child develop the career they want, to feel more confident and to build their own support network
- have career conversations that go beyond ‘What do you want to do when you finish school?’
- help your child to make informed decisions about their career options.
For more information, please visit:
Please be very cautious of signing up to do online courses! A lot of these courses are advertised on job search websites, or you may get called at home and be offered to sign up.
A Diploma level course can cost approx $20K online, whereas if you do the same course at a well-known provider such as Chisholm, Holmesglen, RMIT, Swinburne, VU, Melb Polytechnic etc. the cost will be at least half of that PLUS you know you are getting trained properly.
Do your research on the company - Google is wonderful for this.
Be very very wary!!!
The worst days of those who enjoy what they do, are better than the best days of those who don't.